Her Royal Highness

My photo
Lambertville, New Jersey
Well what can be said about me...I like shoes, pink, key lime pie, the beach, laughing at you or with you, and traveling. I don't like raspberries, mushrooms, or people that are stupid, creepy, or drive really slowly in front of me. I love my Mikimotos like I might love my first born child...I don't have kids yet though so one never knows. I wear a tiara when I clean and sometimes just because I like it. I have light up bunny ears that I wear sometimes too...sometimes a girl just needs to sparkle a little, you know?

Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's Summertime...

So summer is truly upon us and I am nostalgic for the summers of my childhood. I sit here sweating my ass off in NJ thinking about all those summers spent on my little island in NC. I miss the smell of the ocean, the sea oats whipping in the summer breeze, the feel of hot sand on my feet and bottle green waters with dolphins frolicking off the shore. I miss sweat tea on the beach, bathing suits and flip flops, and my "Irish tan." Is it possible for us to get back to childhood? To relive the magic of running around headstrong and fancy-free on an island? I miss that feeling. I miss the pelicans playing in the waves, the sandpipers hopping around the beach, sand between my toes, and crunchy ocean water hair. I'm going to dream of the ocean tonight, think about the smell of salt water on my skin, and wish that I could go back again...

"Summertime, time, time,
Child, the living's easy.
Fish are jumping out
And the cotton, Lord,
Cotton's high, Lord so high."

No comments: