Her Royal Highness

My photo
Lambertville, New Jersey
Well what can be said about me...I like shoes, pink, key lime pie, the beach, laughing at you or with you, and traveling. I don't like raspberries, mushrooms, or people that are stupid, creepy, or drive really slowly in front of me. I love my Mikimotos like I might love my first born child...I don't have kids yet though so one never knows. I wear a tiara when I clean and sometimes just because I like it. I have light up bunny ears that I wear sometimes too...sometimes a girl just needs to sparkle a little, you know?

Saturday, June 21, 2008

You're not the boss of me...

So I'll say it, I'm 30 and I'm not married, never have been, so what. I am a 30 year old woman in 2008 who lives alone, I have two bachelor's degrees, one masters degree, and one law degree...and I'm single. I don't see what the big deal is, and yet today, I run into a girl from high school who is married, with a toddler, and preggers...dropped out of college, doesn't work, is on marriage #2, and has the balls to give that dismissive look to my left hand, like I'm defective for being single. WTF? No sugarplum, I'm not married, engaged, or cohabitating, and for right now I'm ok with that.

Seriously, is there a law written that she who reaches 30 without a marriage is a loser? Of course, the sad part on this social commentary is that I somehow feel badly about myself for this look. BLECH...at least I got my mother to stop with the comments of "when I was your age I was married, with a mortgage, and 2 children." OK Mom, let me run out and get knocked up ASAP....which one of the crazy bastards that I've dated and you've hated in the last oh 10 years do you want me to marry? Oh none, ya sure, I can run out to the bar tonight and get something going on...

I admit that 98% of the time my love life is in a shambles, what do you want me to do about it? It's not my fault I scare men, seriously now, if you're so fucking insecure, you shouldn't have started dating me in the first place. It's not like I hide who I am from you - if you can't fucking take the heat get out of the goddamn kitchen, better yet, stay in the damn driveway and save me the trouble. So yeah, I'm single. My prince fucking charming is out there somewhere over the rainbow. Until I get him squared away I'm frying up the frogs, going for some French haute cuisine.

1 comment:

Jules said...

You are the cutest thing ever!!! I totally hear you on that. I was reading an article about Cameron Diaz the other day and believe it or not she busted out some profound knowledge..."I'd rather be complete on my own than in a relationship where I am incomplete." It's not exactly Plato, but the girl has a point.