Her Royal Highness

My photo
Lambertville, New Jersey
Well what can be said about me...I like shoes, pink, key lime pie, the beach, laughing at you or with you, and traveling. I don't like raspberries, mushrooms, or people that are stupid, creepy, or drive really slowly in front of me. I love my Mikimotos like I might love my first born child...I don't have kids yet though so one never knows. I wear a tiara when I clean and sometimes just because I like it. I have light up bunny ears that I wear sometimes too...sometimes a girl just needs to sparkle a little, you know?

Thursday, June 19, 2008

An oldie but goodie on Gas Stations

Originally posted 10/15/07

To begin with, I think that NJ is the best state in the country in which to get gas...it is less expensive than most other states and they pump your gas for you, something I enjoy immensely. Generally speaking that means a pimply teenager or some old man will pump my gas, take my money and send me on my way. This morning on my way to work I decided to stop and get $20 worth to top me off for the round trip to work this week. I stopped at 8:30 this morning and there were 2 other cars at the pumps and one man pumping the gas. I very nicely pulled in, turned of my car and popped the tank and asked the man for $20 of regular. He started to pump my gas and then from nowhere 3 other men swarmed the car - they all worked at the station - I had the guy pumping my gas, another guy washing my front windows, another guy doing the back windows and one more apparently supervising the other 3. None of the cars were experiencing this level of care, none of them had clean windows, or even anyone near their cars. It was fascinating. Nothing like a woman in a skirt, heels, and a reasonably well fitting top to elicit this sort of major response at a gas station. Thank the lord I wasn't scantily clad, they might have decided to wash my car with their tongues or something!

No comments: